Adaptronic has developed a budget friendly NA8 Mazda Miata Plug N Play ECU. It actually is also offered as a wire-in unit as well. This unit for the price is one of the most powerful units on the market giving you the ability too maximize any performance upgrades to your NA8 Mazda Miata.
Adaptronic designed these units to promote "best practice" when configuring your engine to ensure the most performance. Adaptronic highly recommends all engines be ran with sequential injection and direct fire.
Direct fire is a nice upgrade but it is not required.
If you have done a NA8 swap but used a NA6 engine harness NA6 – Needs a proper (variable NA8) TPS to be added and wired in.
The fuel pump is driven by a switch in the airflow meter, so if you remove the airflow meter then you’ll need to run a wire to the ECU fuel pump output (2T) if you plan on removing the MAF (airflow meter). (10 pins are included with your purchase to do this conversion).
If you remove the MAF you will also need to add a Fast Acting Air temp sensor.
Adaptronic has created a basemap this standalone. The Basemap is based on a stock NA8 Miata and mimics OEM horsepower. In order to maximize the full potential of the ECU tuning will be required. We offer remote tuning services and are well adept on the NA8 Miata platform. Check out the Remote Tuning Services section to see what we have to offer for tuning!
NA8C Mazda Miata which are the year of 1996 are not direct plug N play. They required to be repinned. Here is Adaptronics Guide to repin the vehicles engine harness - NA 96 Wiring
Tuned By Shawn Perks:
- Free Shipping in the lower 48 states ($19.99 Value)
- Free Megalogviewer HD Version ($39.99 Value)
- 4 x Injector Outputs (High Impedance Only - cannot be used as addition Aux Outputs)
- 4 x Ignition Ouputs (Cannot be used as Addition Aux Outputs)
- 7 x Aux Outputs - 4 high current PWM, 3 low current PWM (Cant Drive High)
- 1 x Dedicated Tacho Output
- 1 x Dedicated Fuel Pump Control (On/Off)
- 1 x 4 Bar Internal Map Sensor (Can read Baro on Pre-Start)
- 2 x TPS Sensors Inputs
- 1 x External Map Sensor (Can be used in Conjunction for Baro or Emap)
- 4 x Analog Temp Sensor Inputs w/ Pull-up Select
- 1 x 0-5V (can be used for an additional Pressure Sensor or Servo Position)
- 2 x 0-5V Pressure Sensor Inputs (Oil / Fuel)
- 1 x Analogue O2 Input (Max 5V)
- 3 x CAS Sensor inputs (can be used for Flex-Fuel and Turbo Speed Sensors)
- 1 x VSS input (Speed Sensor - level & filtering configurable)
- 1 x Engine Sync Knock Input (Only 1 is required since the ECU knows when the knock happens thus it identifies the problem cylinder)
- 1 x USB (used to interface with the ECU)
- 2 x Serial Inputs (to connect serial based widebands and EGT Modules)
- 2 x Serial Outputs (to connect serial based dashes)
- 1 x CAN
- 32MB of Internal Logging
- Built-in Scope
- Fully configurable Fuel/Ignition maps
- Engine Safety features (Fuel pressure, Oil Pressure, Boost pressure, Lean-Out)
- Fully characterized OEM injectors Deadtime/Flow-rate (along with many aftermarket Injectors)
- Flex-Fuel Sensor Integration (Ethanol adjustments for fuel/Ignition maps along with boost by ethanol map)
- Injection timing/staging adjustments
- Boost by gear
- Launch control
- Flat-Foot Shifting
- One CAN channels
- Closed loop fueling
- Adaptive Fueling
- Dual VVT, VTEC, MIVEC Engines
- Ability to re-position any 0-5V input to be a pressure sensor
Ability to re-position any 0-5V Input to be a Temp sensor (some will require a pull-up)
What is all included with purchase?:
- USB ECU interface Cable (for tuning & changing settings)
- Vacuum hose
- 1GB USB thumb drive
- Beer Bottle Opener Key Chain
- Adaptronic Stickers
If a basemap is not shown or linked email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can provide you a basemap.